Sunday, December 18, 2011

Endings and Beginnings

Two weeks ago today I graduated from The Ohio State University. The ceremony was awesome. E. Gordon Gee was hilarious as always and made it really special. Our speaker was Cheryl founder of Cheryl's cookies. While she did not give us all cookies at the ceremony, she did give us some great advice from her experience as an entrepreneur. She encouraged us all to "create something where previously there was nothing."

I really like that idea and look at my post-college life that way. Not in an empty depressing way, but in a way that is full of opportunities. This is a new start. There are infinite things I can do from here. I can create whatever I want for my life from this point on because I am just getting started.

All that being said, I am happy to say that I graduated with a plan already in motion. Three days before graduation I was "matched" to an AIESEC (pronounced "eye-sek") internship in Panama with the Baru Brewery (Cerveceria Baru). For those of you who know me well and know how much time, energy, and passion I've put into AIESEC at Ohio State, you should know that this is the culmination of my AIESEC experience and I couldn't be more excited for a cooler opportunity. I will be working in the HR department of the brewery and focusing my efforts on Recruitment and Selection as well as Succession planning. All excellent experiences and I get to spend winter in the SUN! The internship, as of right now, is scheduled to last two months starting January 16th and going until March 16th.

Between graduation and departure, I have a lot scheduled and plan to document all my experiences leading up to the Internship, during it, and after so everyone can know what I am experiencing. I hope you read along with my trip, I look forward to sharing this with you all! Feedback and comments are of course encouraged. I have created this blog for myself and for others where previously there was nothing to formally document my post- graduate experience. Consider this my first post!

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment